Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Finished: Baby Blanket

Ok, so this isn't knitting, but I'm proud enough of it. This is an acrylic (don't remember the brand, but it's soft) baby blanket made from the "Woven Stripes" pattern in Our Best Baby Afghans by Leisure Arts. I crocheted this several years ago, when we lived in Minnesota.

One thing I love about this pattern is the fringe that automatically forms along two sides. Another thing is that there is absolutely no weaving in ends. My husband appreciates that there are no little holes for tiny fingers to poke through -- not that it has mattered much here in CA, but I can image that the typical croched baby blanket could be annoying in MN if it's intended to keep the baby warm.

I may make another one of these in the near future. My question is: should I listen to Elizabeth Zimmerman and make it out of wool? Or should I stick to trusty washable and dryable acrylic? How hard is it to was various smelly bodily fluids out of a wool blanket without felting it? Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?